Welcome to The Governor’s Academy! Whether your family is preparing to join the Governor’s community or returning to Byfield, we are eager to partner with you on this exciting journey.
Students at Governor’s are supported by a dedicated group of teachers, administrators, coaches, dorm parents, and advisors as they explore their interests, find their voice, and achieve great things. Parents and families, you play an important role in this experience, and we encourage you to partner with our faculty and staff to ensure success in our co-curricular program.
Our parent association, The Allies, is a significant strength of our community, and we encourage families to become involved. All parents are welcomed and invited to join us throughout the year for meetings and activities.
Allies 2021-2022 Meeting Schedule
The meetings and activities are great opportunities to:
- meet and get involved with fellow Governor's parents
- hear directly from staff on relevant academic and social issues
- tour parts of the campus
- spend more time with Governor's students
The Allies supports many activities on campus:
- Greet prospective families in Admission
- Provide refreshments at games and arts events
- Organize birthday cakes for students
- Assemble and hand out exam survival kits for students
- Create a “Haunted Hallway” on Halloween
If you have any questions please contact Allies President Ellen Ohlenbusch P'23.