What are Planned Gifts?
Planned gifts include a variety of charitable giving options that allow you to express your personal values by blending your charitable, family and financial goals.
Planned gifts can be made with cash, but many planned gifts are made by donating assets such as stocks, real estate, art, or business interests. There are many opportunities and several benefits. Planned gifts can provide lifetime income for you and your spouse or other loved ones. The most frequently made planned gifts are bequests. Other popular planned gifts include charitable trusts and charitable gift annuities.
Why should I make a planned gift?
Many Academy alumni want to make a gift to the school but need to do so in a way that helps meet their personal needs. Planned gifts provide flexible options and may allow you to:
- Make a larger charitable gift to The Governor's Academy than you thought possible
- Increase your current income
- Plan for the financial needs of a spouse or loved one
- Provide inheritances for heirs at a reduced tax cost
- Receive income from your personal residence or farm
- Leave a charitable legacy for future generations
If you would like to learn more about planned giving options,
please contact Ray Goodman, Director of Leadership Gifts 978.499.3196