Our application deadline is January 15 for Day Candidates and January 31 for Boarding Candidates. We mail our admission decision letters on March 10. Any application received after January 31 will be considered if there are spaces available.
The Office of Admission offers appointment times Monday-Friday beginning in late September and running through January. Please call the Office of Admission to schedule a tour and interview.
- Telephone, write, e-mail or use our online inquiry form to request our viewbook, and application for admission.
- Schedule your visit to The Governor's Academy for a tour of our campus and an interview. If distance precludes a visit to campus, we can conduct your interview via Skype or over the telephone.
- You can learn more about the Academy at our Open House in October.
- If registered, take the SSAT in November.
- If you have not already scheduled an appointment for your tour and interview, be sure to do so!
- After your first quarter grades, request that your school send us your official transcript using our Transcript Release Form.
- Work on the Student Questionnaire part of your application.
- Be sure that your English and Math teachers are aware of application deadlines for their recommendations. The personal recommendation is also required and a special interest or talent recommendation is optional.
- If registered, take the SSAT in December.
- If registered, take the SSAT in January. All candidates for admission who want to complete the application process by the application deadline should have taken the SSAT by this date.
- Completed Day Applications for admission are due by January 15.
- Completed Boarding Applications for admission are due by January 31.
- Admission decision letters are mailed on March 10.
- Admitted students are invited to Revisit Days in order to return to The Governor's Academy for a school day prior to making enrollment decisions.
- The Student Reply Date is April 10. Families must notify schools of their enrollment decisions by this date.