ImPACT Testing & Athletic Tryouts
In order to play team sports, each athlete must do two things before the first tryout date:
- Take the ImPACT*
- Complete all medical forms available Parent Portal online registration.
*ImPACT (Immediate Post-Concussion Assessment and Cognitive Testing) is a computerized test that you can take on your home computer. The results are submitted to The Governors Academy electronically.
Before beginning the test, please make sure that:
- You must use an external mouse, because TouchPad and TrackPoint mice do not work for this test.
- You have closed out of any applications other than ImPACT and your Internet browser.
- You have turned off the pop-up blocker in your Internet browser - the test will not launch if the pop-up blocker is on. (Also make sure to turn the pop-up blocker back on when you are finished.)
- You are settled into an environment free of noise and other distractions - you will need to concentrate and exercise your memory.
Steps to Begin the Test
- Go to https://www.impacttestonline.com/testing.
- Enter Customer Code: 8NE76WUYFV
- Click the "Validate" button
- Click "Launch Baseline Test"