COVID-19 Response FAQs
As the COVID-19 pandemic continues to evolve, we will add new questions and update responses. If you would like to suggest a question that would benefit the Govs community, please submit it via email to Director of Marketing & Communications Lindsay Batastini. If you have a question specific to your situation, please contact the appropriate administrator:
● Students - Jed Wartman
● Employees - Yvonne Abenante and Monica Palmer
● Alumni - Leslie Dickey
● Academics - Elaine White
● Afternoon Programs - Claudia Asano Barcomb
● College Counseling - Joe Bobrowskas
● Technology - Aaron Mandel
● Health Center - Kacie Fyrberg and Elizabeth Ruhl
- What is the schedule for distance learning?
- How will distance learning work for students? How much work can I expect my student to be doing each week?
- What course materials will I need for distance learning?
- Will students be on a screen all day long?
- Whom do I contact if I have a question during distance learning?
- How will the school support students living in different time zones?
- With classes moved to distance learning for the remainder of the year, will I still be able to complete the quarter four/second semester? Will I graduate?
- How will my child receive learning support?
- How will courses that are hard to replicate remotely be handled?
- How will assessments be handled? Will there be final exams? How will distance learning courses be graded?
- Are students in AP classes expected to take the College Board AP exam?
- How will AP exams be administered this year? How is the format changing?
- Is Governor’s canceling any courses?
- How will course registration for the 2020-2021 school year proceed?
- Do you have any suggestions about enrichment work that my student might undertake?
- Are classroom sessions recorded?
- When and how can I expect to hear from Governor’s this spring?
- How can I retrieve my belongings from my dorm room?
- How will the Afternoon Program be handled during distance learning?
- How will my student receive counseling support?
- As a parent or guardian, how can I best support my student right now?
- What should I do if my medication is stored at or ordered through the Duncan Health Center?
- Will Commencement be held on campus as planned?
- How will elections and selections for student leaders for the 2020-2021 school year take place?
- How can students return books and other items that they have borrowed from the library?
- Are campus facilities open for student and community use?
- When will campus reopen?
- Are employees permitted to work in their offices?
- Is construction continuing on the student center renovation?
- What trips and campus events have been canceled?
- What if I miss seeing my classmates, teachers, and friends?
- What can my family do for Govs families who may be in need?
- Are employees being paid while campus is closed?
- Will the potential for an economic recession jeopardize my financial aid package?
- Whom should I contact if I have questions about enrollment for the 2020-2021 school year?
- Is Governor’s planning to resume normal on-campus operations in fall 2020?
- Will families receive a tuition refund while students are not in campus classrooms?
- Will families receive a room and board refund while students are not on campus?
- Will GovsPLUS and Six Points camp be held on-campus this summer?