New Parent Information
Welcome to The Governor's Academy. This online Parent Handbook, as well as the printed Student Handbook, provides you with a great deal of information about rules, policies, dates, programs and resources. Whether you are a new or returning parent, I believe you will find the handbooks helpful throughout the year.
If you ever need further information, there are many people available to assist you. For matters regarding students, we suggest you start by contacting your child's adviser. Advisers meet each week with their advisees and are excellent sources of information and understanding for families. Beyond advisers, you may contact our:
- Dean of Students, Jed Wartman: 978.499.3143
- Academic Dean, Elaine White: 978.499.3147
- Health Center: 978.499.3126
Addressing Concerns and Questions
Please make sure that we have your accurate up-to-date email addresses so that we can contact you with important information during the school year. Send updated email addresses to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Important phone numbers include:
- Main Office phone: 978.465.1763
- Main Office fax: 978.463.9896
- Campus Security: 978.621.2784
All employees of the school may also be contacted by email: email@example.com
*For complete faculty and staff contact information, please see the Academy’s Facebook.
The Governor’s Academy Allies: Our Parents Association
Dear Governor’s Academy Parents,
The Governor’s Academy Parents Association, The Allies, would like to welcome new and returning parents for the new school year.
The Allies would like to extend an invitation to all parents to join us throughout the year for meetings and activities. As a parent or guardian of a student at The Governor’s Academy you are automatically a member of our parents’ association, The Allies (no dues are charged).
The meetings and activities are great opportunities to:
- be personally involved with fellow Governor's parents
- hear directly from staff on pertinent academic and social issues
- tour parts of the campus
- spend some time with Governor's students
The Allies organization supports many activities on campus for students:
- birthday cakes for students
- exam survival kits
- haunted hallway
- organizing athletic and arts parents to provide refreshments at games and events
- supporting visiting parents and students in Admissions
If you have any questions please contact Alison Simas, Debbie Pike, Carolyn McInnis or any of the officers. You can also find more information about The Allies on the Governor’s website at the “Parent” section by selecting “Parent Allies”.
We look forward to seeing you in September!