Wilkie Center for the Performing Arts
Built in 2001, this building was dedicated in 2012 to former headmaster Valleau Wilkie (1959-1972) in recognition of his great effort--and success--at bringing the arts to the Academy. The Wilkie Center is a state-of-the-art facility, featuring:
- 490-seat auditorium, with professional sound and lighting systems.
- Black box theater / dance studio.
- 8 private practice rooms.
- Ensemble rehearsal room.
- Dressing rooms with private bathrooms, and green room with private shower.
- Carpentry shop.
- Costume and prop shop.
- Electronic Music Studio with Macintosh computers running Logic and ProTools
- Peter R. Remis Art Gallery.
- 32-track digital audio recording capability.
- 5 Steinway grand pianos, 1 Yamaha grand piano, 3 Boston console pianos, 6 Roland digital pianos.
Kaiser Art Center
The Kaiser Art Center was built in 1928 as the Academy's "stone garage," with additions in 1985 and 2004. The building features:
- Carl Youngman Art Gallery.
- Fully-equipped art studio with painting and printmaking equipment.
- Photography classroom with Macintosh computers running the Adobe Creative Suite, and fully-equipped darkroom.
- Digital video editing lab with Macintosh computers running Final Cut Pro.
- Ceramics studio with:
- 12 electric wheels
- 2 extruders
- spray booth
- Saggar firing and pit firing capabilities
- 40 sq. ft. gas-fired kiln for reduction firings
- Raku kiln
- 2 electric kilns