Updated: Wednesday, January 28 (10:30 a.m.)
Due to the weather, classes will be cancelled at The Governor's Academy on Wednesday, January 28. Boarders should plan to return to campus by 7:30 p.m. on Wednesday.
PLEASE NOTE: This evening's Dessert & Discussion admission event will proceed as scheduled. We look forward to welcoming you to campus!
Application Check List
Checklist items for a completed application:
- Call the Office of Admission at 978.499.3120 to schedule a tour of our campus and an interview. See our Important Dates page for our appointment times. If distance precludes a visit to campus, we can conduct your interview via Skype or over the telephone. Please contact our office to make arrangements.
- Complete and return Part I: Pre-Application prior to your scheduled visit. This can be done by mailing it to us (it is included with your viewbook), printing it out by clicking here, or filling it out on-line by clicking here. If you simply need recommendation forms, please click here. For the Transcript Release Form, please click here.
- To download the complete application, please click here.
- Register for the November, December or January SSAT test by contacting SSATB in Princeton, NJ at 609.683.4440 or you can register on-line at www.ssat.org. To have your scores sent directly to us, use The Governor's Academy school code number: 3466. We also will accept the Independent School Entrance Examination (ISEE) offered by the Educational Records Bureau in New York, www.erbtest.org.
- Non-native English speakers must submit the results of the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), and registration information can be obtained at 609.921.9000. Our TOEFL score reporting code is 8419.
- Complete and return the Application Part II: Student Questionnaire. Be sure to submit the required $60 fee for applicants with a permanent U.S. mailing address or $125 for applicants with a permanent international mailing address. You can make this payment online, by clicking here. For families who can prove "demonstrated need," please contact our office regarding an admission application fee waiver.
- Parents should sign the Transcript Release Form and give it to the candidate's current principal, head of school, or guidance counselor, in order to have the official transcript sent to our office directly from the applicant's current school.
- Print or type the candidate's name on the Current English Teacher Recommendation and Current Mathematics Teacher Recommendation, and present them, after your first marking period, with a stamped return envelope, to the appropriate persons.
- Print or type the candidate's name on the Personal Recommendation form and present it to any other teacher, coach or adult who knows you well. You may also submit the optional Special Interest or Talent Recommendation.
- Candidates applying for need-based financial aid must complete and submit all necessary documents. These can be found on-line at School and Student Service for Financial Aid.
- Our office will send you an acknowledgement when your application is complete. Admission decision letters will be mailed on March 10.
The Governor’s Academy will accept the SSAT, TABS and A Better Chance Common Application Forms. We request that a student who uses one of these common application forms considers a response to one of the essay prompts from The Governor’s Academy application in addition to the essay submitted through the chosen common application.
A student’s application will be considered complete even if the only essay submitted is a response to a common application essay prompt.