PREPPING FOR PRIVATE SCHOOL ADMISSION
Monday, September 17, 2012 | 5:15 p.m.
The Remis Lobby in the Wilkie Center
Please join us at The Governor’s Academy for an informational evening for all students and parents interested in learning how to “navigate the waters” when applying to independent schools. Interest in applying to The Governor’s Academy is not a prerequisite for attendance.
The presentation will cover a range of topics including:
EENY, MEENY, MINY, MOE: RESEARCHING AND CHOOSING A SCHOOL
• Compiling information
• Deciding where to visit
• Determining the best fit for your child
• Boarding vs. Day
FIRST LOOK TO FINAL DRAFT: HOW AND WHEN TO BEGIN, DEADLINES AND DECISIONS
• Planning your visit
• Deadlines, and response dates
• Decisions: Accept, Waitlist, and Deny – What exactly do they mean?
THE INTERVIEW: WHAT WOULD YOU DO WITH A MILLION DOLLARS?
• What to expect during the interview and school visit
• What to ask as a parent/prospective student
• Commonly asked questions
• Basic dos and don’ts
WHAT DO I SAY AND HOW DO I PAY?
• An overview of the Application and Financial Aid processes
• Required Materials
• How to best represent your child on paper
• W2’s and 1040’s – How to apply and what role Financial Aid plays in decisions
Questions? Contact the Office of Admissions at 978.499.3120