ImPACT Testing & Athletic Tryouts
In order to play team sports, each athlete must do two things before the first tryout date:
- Take the ImPACT*
- Complete all medical forms available Parent Portal online registration.
*ImPACT (Immediate Post-Concussion Assessment and Cognitive Testing) is a computerized test that you can take on your home computer. The results are submitted to The Governors Academy electronically. Please follow this link for baseline testing:
Before Beginning the ImPACT, Make Sure That ...
- You have access to a computer with an external mouse. You have to use a desktop computer, not a laptop because TouchPad and TrackPoint mice don't work for this test.
- You have closed out of any applications other than ImPACT and your Internet browser.
- You have turned off the pop-up blocker in your Internet browser - the test will not launch if the pop-up blocker is on. (Also make sure to turn the pop-up blocker back on when you are finished.)
- You are settled into an environment free of noise and other distractions - you will need to concentrate and exercise your memory.
Steps to Begin the Test
Launch the baseline test.
Insert the Customer ID Code: 91109246F8 (case sensitive).
Choose the language to take the test in (English).